Concussion InformationUpdated Tuesday January 24, 2017 by WBL.
All Willoughby umpires, managers and coaches must successfully complete the FREE online Concussion training course, provided by the State of Ohio.
Why do I need to take this free course?
As of April 26th, 2013, Ohio's return-to-play law (ORC 3707.511) requires the following for youth sports organizations:
• Prohibits an individual from acting as a coach or referee for a youth sports organization without successfully completing a free online training program every three years in recognizing the symptoms of concussions.
Copy and paste this link below to your browser…
…and follow these steps to complete the FREE course:
1. Click on the button that says, please login to order. In the window that appears, click
2. When your registration is complete you may "order" the free concussion course
offered along the left hand side of the page. Continue following prompts.
NOTE: Although it may look like you'll be charged for the course, there is no cost.
3. Once you've completed "checkout," you'll be able to take the free online course.
4. When you've completed and passed the course, you have the option of printing a
certificate of completion. If you miss the opportunity to print the certificate, don’t
worry you can click on “my homepage/courses” where you can view and print your
UMPIRES must print out the certificate and provide a copy to the Umpire-In-Chief. MANAGERS and COACHES need to provide a copy of their certificate to their Division Commissioner.
Check out concussion information by downloading any forms below.
|Concussion Cover Letter.pdf|
|Concussion Law "What Parents/Guardians Need to Know".pdf|
|Concussion Law "What Coaches Need to Know".pdf|
|Concussion Law - Frequently Asked Questions.pdf|